Replacing the CPU
1. Insert the CPU into the CPU bracket as shown.
2. Using a screw driver, tighten the screw clockwise as shown to secure the CPU in place.
Replacing the Heatsink and Fan Module
1. Place the Fan Module in the mounting as shown.
3. Align the Heatsink Securing Bracket as shown.
4. Secure the five screws and fan connector as shown.
Replacing the I/O Board
1. Insert the board rear edge first as shown.
Replacing the Mainboard
1. Ensure that the Mainboard is face up (the Heatsink and CPU are not visible). Place the Mainboard in the chassis, rear edge first, and press down to install. Replace the two securing screws as shown. NOTE: If any resistance is met while installing the mainboard, ease the computer case outward to clear the obstruction.
3. Secure the Mainboard to the chassis using the two screws provided.
Replacing the TouchPad
1. Using both hands, replace the TouchPad, front edge first, as shown.
NOTE: Ensure that the TouchPad cables are accessible once the TouchPad is in place and that all cables pass through the casing properly.
Replacing the LCM Module
1. Align the four screw holes on the LCM Module hinges with the corresponding screw holes on the chassis. Lower the LCM Module into position as shown. Ensure that the LCM cables are inserted through the aperture before proceeding (yellow marker).
2. Secure the four screws to hold the LCM in place on the chassis.
Replacing the Antenna Cables
1. Ensure that the three LCM Module cable pass through the Mainboard and are accessible from the underside of the computer. Place the three cables in the wiring conduit and secure in place using the cable pins on the chassis.
Reconnecting the TouchPad
1. Replace the connector as shown.
Replacing the Keyboard
1. Using fine tweezers, insert the thicker cable into the socket and secure the locking latch as shown.
2. Using fine tweezers, insert the remaining cable into the socket and secure the locking latch as shown.
Replacing the Switch Cover
Turn the computer over. Place the Switch Cover as shown and press down until no gaps are visible between the cover and the chassis.
2. Close the LCM Module. Locate and replace the two screws as shown.
Replacing the ODD
1. Insert the ODD and push into the slot until flush with the chassis cover.
Replacing the Wireless Card
1. Ensure the card is positioned label upwards as shown and push into the connector. NOTE: The card remains at an angle until the screws are inserted.
2. Secure the card in position using the two screws provided.
3. Reconnect the three Antenna Cables as shown, pushing down firmly to connect the cables.
Replacing the Memory Module
1. Push the memory module into the socket and press downward until it clicks into place.
Replacing the HDD
1. Place the HDD in the mounting, rear edge first as shown.
2. Push firmly toward the connector to secure the HDD.
Replacing the Covers
1. Replace the HDD cover as shown.
Replace the two screws to secure the cover in place.
4. Replace the two screws to secure the cover in place.
5. Replace the seventeen (17) screws to secure the cover in place.
Replacing the Battery Pack
1. Place the battery in the cradle rear edge first as shown.
2. Push the battery downward until it clicks in to place.
Was this article helpful?
Read how to maintain and repair any desktop and laptop computer. This Ebook has articles with photos and videos that show detailed step by step pc repair and maintenance procedures. There are many links to online videos that explain how you can build, maintain, speed up, clean, and repair your computer yourself. Put the money that you were going to pay the PC Tech in your own pocket.