1. Locate the two screws (red markers) and two connectors (yellow markers) as shown.
2. Remove the screws and disconnect the connectors using tweezers as shown.
3. Open the VGA Port cover as shown. 4. Grip the mainboard from the rear and lift up.
CAUTION: If the VGA Port cover is left closed, Note: If any resistance is met while removing the damage to the mainboard may result. mainboard, ease the computer case outward to clear the obstruction.
5. Lift the mainboard clear of the chassis.
3. Remove the two screws and the Heatsink securing bracket as shown.
4. Hold the Fan unit with one hand and remove the Heatsink as shown.
1. Using a screw driver, unscrew the CPU counter 2. Remove the CPU from the bracket as shown. clockwise.
Was this article helpful?
Read how to maintain and repair any desktop and laptop computer. This Ebook has articles with photos and videos that show detailed step by step pc repair and maintenance procedures. There are many links to online videos that explain how you can build, maintain, speed up, clean, and repair your computer yourself. Put the money that you were going to pay the PC Tech in your own pocket.