Empowering Technology password
You must set the Empowering Technology password to use the password protection feature of Acer eRecovery Management to protect your data.
To set the Empowering Technology password:
- Launch Acer eRecovery Management.
- Click the Restore tab.
- Click Password settings. The Empowering Technology Password Center dialogue box pops up.
- Click Create a new password.
- In the Create a New Password dialogue box, key in and confirm your password in the appropriate boxes. Your password should have a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 12 characters.
- Enter a password hint that will help you remember your password.
- Make sure the box Use for Acer eRecovery Management is checked.
- Click OK to set the password.
Acer ePower Management M t
Acer ePower Management features a straightforward user interface for configuring your power management options. To access this utility, select Acer ePower Management from the Empowering Technology toolbar, run the program from the Acer Empowering Technology program group in Start menu, or right-click the Windows power icon in the system tray and select Acer ePower Management.
Using power plans
Acer ePower Management comes with three predefined power plans: Balanced, High performance and Power saver. You can also create customized power plans. You can create, switch between, edit, delete and restore power plans, as described below.
View and adjust settings for On Battery and Plugged In modes by clicking the appropriate tabs. For more power options, click [j^ in the Acer ePower Management utility, or right-click the Windows power icon in the system tray and select Power Options. NOTE: You cannot delete the predefined power plans.
To create a new power plan:
Creating customized power plans allows you to save and quickly switch to a personalized set of power options.
- Click the New power plan option or icon
- Enter a name for your new power plan.
- Choose a predefined power plan to base your customized plan on.
- If necessary, change the display, sleep and hibernation settings you want your computer to use.
- Click OK to save your new power plan.
To switch between power plans:
- Mouse over the Acer ePower Management application on the Acer Empowering Technology toolbar. The quick menu appears. Select the power plan you want to switch to.
- You may also switch between power plans by launching the Acer ePower Management application. Select the power plan you wish to switch to, then click Apply.
To edit a power plan:
Editing a power plan allows you to adjust system settings like LCD brightness and CPU speed.
- Switch to the power plan you wish to edit.
- Adjust settings as required.
- Click Apply to save your new settings.
To delete a power plan:
You cannot delete the power plan you are currently using. If you want to delete the active power plan, switch to another one first.
- Select the power plan you wish to delete.
- Click the Delete Power Plan icon, p
- The quick menu shows the remaining battery life based on current usage.
- You can also launch the Acer ePower Management application and refer to the Battery status panel located just below the power plans.
- Click the Battery tab to view remaining battery life, battery status, and remaining battery life in standby and hibernate modes.
Was this article helpful?
You can now recondition your old batteries at home and bring them back to 100 percent of their working condition. This guide will enable you to revive All NiCd batteries regardless of brand and battery volt. It will give you the required information on how to re-energize and revive your NiCd batteries through the RVD process, charging method and charging guidelines.
Get My Free Ebook