The computer consumes very low power in Standby mode. Data remains intact in the system memory until the battery is drained.
There are four ways to enter Standby mode:
- Pressing the Standby hotkey Fn-F3
- Allowing the waiting time specified by the Standby Timeout value or the operating system to elapse without any system activity
- Closing the display cover
- When the computer is about to enter Hibernation mode (e.g., during a battery low condition), but the Hibernation file is invalid or not present Note: f the computer does not enter Standby mode after pressing the
Standby hotkey, it means the operating system will not allow the computer to enter the power-saving mode.
The following signals indicate that the computer is in Standby mode:
- The buzzer beeps (when the hotkey is pressed to enter into Standby mode)
- The Standby indicator lights
Warning: Unstored data is lost when you turn off the computer power in Standby mode or when the battery is drained.
To leave Standby mode and return to normal mode: Press any key
- Move the active pointing device (internal or external, PS/2 or serial)
- Have the Resume Timer set and let it be matched Open the display cover
- Experience an incoming PC card modem event
Was this article helpful?