Load Default Settings
When you select this menu item, the following dialog box displays:
Do you want to load default settings? [Yes] [No]
To load factory-default settings for all the parameters, select Yes and press Enter. Otherwise, select No and press Enter.
The BIOS flash memory update is required for the following conditions:
□ New versions of system programs
New features or options
Use the AFlash utility to update the system BIOS flash ROM.
Note: Do not install memory-related drivers (XMS, EMS, DPMI) when you use AFlash.
The AFlash functions support all the operations required for system Flash
- The functions are divided into four steps as follows.
- Load BIOS file to buffer reads a specified file from a diskette to memory for future program use or for check only. It supports the 64-KB, 128-KB, 192-KB, or 256-KB files.
- Save BIOS to disk file reads BIOS from the current BIOS area and writes to the file specified by the user.
- Edit OEM string reads specified file from a diskette to memory, edits OEM string and writes to a file.
- Program flash memory programs Flash memory according to the data loaded in step 1. This function also shows the BIOS checksum and BIOS type to make sure that the operation is correct.
Was this article helpful?