Clearing BIOS password
If a BIOS Password (supervisor password and user password) is set for security reason, BIOS will check the password during POST or when entering the BIOS setup screen. However, if it is necessary to ignore the password check, a jumper shorting procedure must be performed on the gap.
To clear the BIOS password:
Note: Procedure below is used for clearing supervisor password and user password only.
- Power off the system.
- Unplug the power cable.
- Remove the battery pack. See page 51.
- Remove the lower cover. See page 53.
- If necessary, remove the memory module. See page 53.
- See illustration below to locate the hardware gap.
Short (To clear Supervisor and User password)
RD/CSD can enable or disable this function by jumper shorting the G86 gap.
- Using a eletrical conductivity tool short the two contacts on the hardware gap together. Refer to the gap setting on page 112.
- While resting the tool on the two contacts, plug the adapter back in, then turn on the system.
- After BIOS POST takes place, remove the tool from the switch.
- Reinstall the memory modules and lower cover.
- Turn on the system and press F2 during the bootup to enter the BIOS setup screen. Repeat above procedure if the BIOS password is not cleared.
Was this article helpful?
You can now recondition your old batteries at home and bring them back to 100 percent of their working condition. This guide will enable you to revive All NiCd batteries regardless of brand and battery volt. It will give you the required information on how to re-energize and revive your NiCd batteries through the RVD process, charging method and charging guidelines.
Get My Free Ebook