Removing the Fan the CPU Thermal Module and the CPU
- See "Removing the Battery" on page 56.
- See "Removing the Middle Cover" on page 60.
- See "Removing the Keyboard" on page 60.
- Remove the three screws securing the system fan.
- Disconnect the fan cable.
- Then detach the fan from the main unit.
- Remove the four screws securing the CPU thermal module.
- Then remove the CPU thermal module.
NOTE: Please remove the screws in the order that the image indicates. Start from 4, 3, 2 then 1. When you reassemble the CPU thermal module, secure the screws as the order: 1, 2, 3 then 4. This can help you average the force to each screw, therefore the CPU module can be secured well.
- Release the CPU lock with a flat headed screw driver.
- Then detch the CPU from the socket carefully.
Was this article helpful?