Check the Power Adapter
Unplug the power adapter cable from the computer and measure the output voltage at the plug of the power adapter cable. See the following figure
- If the voltage is not correct, replace the power adapter.
- If the voltage is within the range, do the following:
- Replace the System board.
- If the problem is not corrected, see "Undetermined Problems" on page 98.
- If the voltage is not correct, go to the next step.
NOTE: An audible noise from the power adapter does not always indicate a defect.
- If the power-on indicator does not light up, check the power cord of the power adapter for correct continuity and installation.
- If the operational charge does not work, see "Check the Battery Pack" on page 85.
Was this article helpful?
You can now recondition your old batteries at home and bring them back to 100 percent of their working condition. This guide will enable you to revive All NiCd batteries regardless of brand and battery volt. It will give you the required information on how to re-energize and revive your NiCd batteries through the RVD process, charging method and charging guidelines.
Get My Free Ebook