Remove Hddbios Password Utilities
This section provide you with removing HDD/BIOS method: Remove HDD Password:
When the user keys in the wrong password three times, the system reports the following error code to user.
To unlock the HDD password, perform the following steps: 1. Press Enter to display the Select Item screen.
2. Select Enter Unlock Password and press Enter. An Unlock Password displays.
- Make a note of the key, 76943488 in the example.
- Boot up the system to a removable bootable drive containing DOS and the UnlockHD.EXE program and open a DOS prompt. For instructions on changing boot priority see "Boot" on page 29.
- Enter the UnlockHD.EXE command and input the key to create an unlock code. Make a note of the result, for example 46548274.
- Reboot to the hard disk and wait for the error code to reappear.
- Press Enter to display the Select Item screen.
- Select Enter Unlock Password and press Enter.
- Enter the unlock code generated by UnlockHD.EXE.
- Save and exit the BIOS to complete the process.
Was this article helpful?