Internal Microphone Failure
If the internal Microphone fails, perform the following actions one at a time to correct the problem. Do not replace non-defective FRUs:
If internal or external Microphones do no operate correctly, perform the following actions one at a time to correct the problem.
- Check that the microphone is enabled. Navigate to Starts Control Panels Hardware and Sounds Sound and select the Recording tab.
- Right-click on the Recording tab and select Show Disabled Devices (clear by default).
- The microphone appears on the Recording tab.
- Right-click on the microphone and select Enable.
- Select the microphone then click Properties. Select the Levels tab.
- Increase the volume to the maximum setting and click OK.
- Test the microphone hardware:
- Select the microphone and click Configure.
- Select Set up microphone.
- Select the microphone type from the list and click Next.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to complete the test.
- If the Issue is still not resolved, see "Online Support Information" on page 165.
Was this article helpful?