Removing Replacing the MPB Main Board Assembly
To remove and replace the MPB Main Board Assembly, use the following procedure:
- Turn off the computer; disconnect the AC power adapter (if it is attached), and remove the battery pack and PCMCIA cards as described in Paragraphs 6.5.1 and 6.5.2. Also disconnect the MPB (Paragraph 6.5.3) if attached.
- Using your thumbs, unlock the two battery locks at each side of the MPB (refer to Figure 6-26); pull the battery pack out of the MPB.
- Remove the MPB Housing as described in Paragraph 6.6.3.
- Remove the MPB Docking Cable and Docking Mechanism as described in Paragraphs 6.6.4 and 6.6.5.
- Remove the screw that secures the DC-DC Converter to the bottom section of the MPB housing and remove the DC-DC-Converter.
- Remove the DC-In and Battery Charger Cable Connectors (CN 13 and CN10).
- Remove the 12 screws that secure the Main Board to the bottom section of the housing. Then pull up on the main board and remove it from the unit.
- Replacement is the reverse of Steps 1 through 7.
- Figure 6-31 Removing/Replacing the MPB Main Board Assembly
Was this article helpful?
You can now recondition your old batteries at home and bring them back to 100 percent of their working condition. This guide will enable you to revive All NiCd batteries regardless of brand and battery volt. It will give you the required information on how to re-energize and revive your NiCd batteries through the RVD process, charging method and charging guidelines.
Get My Free Ebook