Removing Replacing the Mpb Dcdc Converter
To remove and replace the MPB DC-DC Converter Assembly, use the following procedure:
- Turn off the computer; disconnect the AC power adapter (if it is attached), and remove the battery pack and PCMCIA cards as described in Paragraphs 6.5.1 and 6.5.2. Also disconnect the MPB (Paragraph 6.5.3) if attached.
- Using your thumbs, unlock the two battery locks at each side of the MPB (refer to Figure 6-26); pull the battery pack out of the MPB.
- Remove the MPB Housing as described in Paragraph 6.6.3.
- Remove the screw that secures the DC-DC Converter to the bottom section of the MPB housing and remove the DC-DC-Converter.
- Replacement is the reverse of Steps 1 through 4.
- Figure 6-30 Removing/Replacing the MPB DC-DC Converter Board
Was this article helpful?
You can now recondition your old batteries at home and bring them back to 100 percent of their working condition. This guide will enable you to revive All NiCd batteries regardless of brand and battery volt. It will give you the required information on how to re-energize and revive your NiCd batteries through the RVD process, charging method and charging guidelines.
Get My Free Ebook