Responding to a Low Battery Condition
Battery Reconditioning 4 You
When you are operating the computer on battery power and the charge remaining is down to between 10% and 20%, the battery-low indicator blinks and an audible alarm sounds. When this happens you should take the following actions to conserve battery power and reduce the possibility of data loss.
- Saving files — Save all open files frequently while the computer is in a low-battery condition.
- Turning off the alarm — Turn off the audible alarm by pressing Fn+End (Mute).
- Reducing screen brightness — Reduce screen brightness by pressing Fn+i.
- Connecting the AC adapter — If you have access to AC power, connect the computer to the AC adapter. You can do this without turning off the computer.
- Suspending operations — Press Fn+F3 or Fn+F4 to put the computer into Suspend or Standby mode whenever you are not actively using the computer. Press the Shift key to bring the computer out of Suspend or Standby mode.
Was this article helpful?
You can now recondition your old batteries at home and bring them back to 100 percent of their working condition. This guide will enable you to revive All NiCd batteries regardless of brand and battery volt. It will give you the required information on how to re-energize and revive your NiCd batteries through the RVD process, charging method and charging guidelines.
Get My Free Ebook