Removing Replacing the Keyboard Assembly
The procedure for removing and replacing the keyboard assembly is as follows:
- Turn off the computer; disconnect the AC power adapter (if it is attached), and remove the battery pack as described in Paragraph 6.5.1.
- Press the Cover Release Latch and open the notebook to a full 180 degree position as shown in Figure 6-6.
- Slide each of the two display hinge covers out and pull upward to remove from the notebook.
Slide hinge cover
Open Notebook to 180 degree position
Figure 6-6 Removing the Display Hinge Covers
4. Pull up on the keyboard as shown in Figure 6-7 and disconnect the Touchpad cable connector J0104.
Figure 6-7 Removing/Replacing the Keyboard Assembly
- Unplug the keyboard connectors J0102 and J0103 from the Keyboard Transfer Board and remove the keyboard and keyboard transfer board from the notebook.
- Install the replacement keyboard assembly by reversing Steps 1 through 5.
Was this article helpful?
You can now recondition your old batteries at home and bring them back to 100 percent of their working condition. This guide will enable you to revive All NiCd batteries regardless of brand and battery volt. It will give you the required information on how to re-energize and revive your NiCd batteries through the RVD process, charging method and charging guidelines.
Get My Free Ebook