Random Loss of BIOS Settings
If the computer is experiencing intermittent loss of BIOS information, perform the following actions one at a time to correct the problem.
- If the computer is more than one year old, replace the CMOS battery.
- Run a complete virus scan using up-to-date software to ensure the computer is virus free.
- If the computer is experiencing HDD or ODD BIOS information loss, disconnect and reconnect the power and data cables between devices.
If the BIOS settings are still lost, replace the cables.
- If HDD information is missing from the BIOS, the drive may be defective and should be replaced.
- Replace the Motherboard.
- If the Issue is still not resolved, see "Online Support Information" on page 185.
Was this article helpful?
Read how to maintain and repair any desktop and laptop computer. This Ebook has articles with photos and videos that show detailed step by step pc repair and maintenance procedures. There are many links to online videos that explain how you can build, maintain, speed up, clean, and repair your computer yourself. Put the money that you were going to pay the PC Tech in your own pocket.
Get My Free Ebook