Check the Power Adapter
Unplug the power adapter cable from the computer and measure the output voltage at the plug of the power adapter cable. See the following figure
- If the voltage is not correct, replace the power adapter.
- If the voltage is within the range, do the following:
- Replace the System board.
- If the problem is not corrected, see "Undetermined Problems" on page 96.
- If the voltage is not correct, go to the next step.
NOTE: An audible noise from the power adapter does not always indicate a defect.
- If the power-on indicator does not light up, check the power cord of the power adapter for correct continuity and installation.
- If the operational charge does not work, see "Check the Battery Pack" on page 83.
Was this article helpful?
Read how to maintain and repair any desktop and laptop computer. This Ebook has articles with photos and videos that show detailed step by step pc repair and maintenance procedures. There are many links to online videos that explain how you can build, maintain, speed up, clean, and repair your computer yourself. Put the money that you were going to pay the PC Tech in your own pocket.
Get My Free Ebook