Setting a Password
Follow these steps as you set the user or the supervisor password:
- Use the t and i keys to highlight the Set Supervisor Password parameter and press the Enter key. The Set Supervisor Password box appears:
- Type a password in the "Enter New Password" field. The password length can not exceed 8 alphanumeric characters (A-Z, a-z, 0-9, not case sensitive). Retype the password in the "Confirm New Password" field.
IMPORTANT:Be very careful when typing your password because the characters do not appear on the screen.
- Press Enter. After setting the password, the computer sets the User Password parameter to "Set".
- If desired, you can opt to enable the Password on boot parameter.
- When you are done, press F10 to save the changes and exit the BIOS Setup Utility.
Was this article helpful?
Read how to maintain and repair any desktop and laptop computer. This Ebook has articles with photos and videos that show detailed step by step pc repair and maintenance procedures. There are many links to online videos that explain how you can build, maintain, speed up, clean, and repair your computer yourself. Put the money that you were going to pay the PC Tech in your own pocket.
Get My Free Ebook