If you key in the wrong HDD password three times, an error is generated.
To reset the HDD password, perform the following steps:
1. After the error is displayed, select the Enter Unlock Password option on the screen.
Unlock te» continue
2. An Encode key is generated for unlocking utilities. Note down this key.
nter Unlock Password<Kev--7b9434UB>?
3. Execute the UnlockHD.EXE file to create the unlock code in DOS Mode using the format UnlockHD [Encode code] with the code noted in the previous step, as follows:
4. The command generates a password which can be used for unlocking the HDD.
5. Key in the password from the previous step to unlock the HDD as shown.
Enter Unlock Password<Key:76126337)?
Removing BIOS Passwords:
To clear the User or Supervisor passwords, open the RAM door and use a metal instrument to short the J4 / J5 jumper as shown below.
Cleaning BIOS Passwords
ODER Clean Password Utility VI.00 Press 1 or 2 to clean any password shown as below i.User Password 2.Supervisor Password
Clean User Password Successfully!
The onscreen message determines whether the function is successful or not.
Was this article helpful?