Check the Power Adapter
Unplug the power adapter cable from the computer and measure the output voltage at the plug of the power adapter cable. See the following figure
- If the voltage is not correct, replace the power adapter.
- If the voltage is within the range, do the following:
- Replace the System board.
- If the problem is not corrected, see "Undetermined Problems" on page 84.
- If the voltage is not correct, go to the next step.
NOTE: An audible noise from the power adapter does not always indicate a defect.
- If the power-on indicator does not light up, check the power cord of the power adapter for correct continuity and installation.
- If the operational charge does not work, see "Check the Battery Pack" on page 71.
Was this article helpful?