Steps for BIOS Recovery from USB Storage
Before doing this, prepare the Crisis USB key. The Crisis USB key could be made by executing the Crisis Disk program in another system with Windows XP OS.
Follow the steps below:
- Copy the xxxxx.wph BIOS file into the Crisis folder which is included with the crisis program.
- Rename the xxxxx.wph file to BIOS.wph.
- Plug in the USB disk.
- Launch the wincris.exe program to create a USB Crisis Disk. Click Start to initiate the process.
- Select the Quick Format option to format the disk and click Start. Follow the instructions on the screen to create the disk.
To use the Crisis USB key, do the following:
- Plug USB storage into USB port.
- Press Fn + ESC button then plug in AC power. The Power button flashes orange once.
- Press Power button to initiate system CRISIS mode.
When CRISIS is complete, the system auto restarts with a workable BIOS.
4. Update the latest version BIOS for this machine by regular BIOS flashing process.
Was this article helpful?