Creating the BIOS Crisis Recovery Disk
1. Prepare a removable USB storage device with a capacity size greater than 10MB.
Note that all data on the USB storage device will be cleared during the creation of the crisis disk.
- Set up a computer running the Windows XP or Windows Vista operating system and plug in the USB storage device into an available USB port.
- Decompress the Crisis Package Source.
- Select WINCRIS.EXE and then select Run as administrator.
- Keep the default settings and then click on the Start button.
- When the pop-up warning dialog box appears, click ok to create the crisis disk.
- Click No if you do not want to create another crisis disk.
- Eject and reconnect the USB removable storage device from the computer, and make sure it contains the following three files:
Was this article helpful?
Read how to maintain and repair any desktop and laptop computer. This Ebook has articles with photos and videos that show detailed step by step pc repair and maintenance procedures. There are many links to online videos that explain how you can build, maintain, speed up, clean, and repair your computer yourself. Put the money that you were going to pay the PC Tech in your own pocket.
Get My Free Ebook