Creating the BIOS Crisis Recovery Disk
1. Prepare a removable USB storage device with a capacity size greater than 10MB.
Note that all data on the USB storage device will be cleared during the creation of the crisis disk.
- Set up a computer running the Windows XP or Windows Vista operating system and plug in the USB storage device into an available USB port.
- Decompress the Crisis Package Source.
- Select WINCRIS.EXE and then select Run as administrator.
- Keep the default settings and then click on the Start button.
- When the pop-up warning dialog box appears, click ok to create the crisis disk.
- Click No if you do not want to create another crisis disk.
- Eject and reconnect the USB removable storage device from the computer, and make sure it contains the following three files:
Was this article helpful?