The diagnostic problems does not identify which adapter or device failed, which installed devices are incorrect, whether a short circuit is suspected, or whether the system is inoperative.
Follow these procedures to isolate the failing FRU (do not isolate non-defective FRU).
NOTE: Verify that all attached devices are supported by the computer.
NOTE: Verify that the power supply being used at the time of the failure is operating correctly. (See "Power System Check" on page 57):
- Power-off the computer.
- Visually check them for damage. If any problems are found, replace the FRU.
- Remove or disconnect all of the following devices:
- Non-Acer devices
- Printer, mouse, and other external devices
- Battery pack
- Hard disk drive
- CD-ROM/Diskette drive Module
- PC Cards
- Power-on the computer.
- Determine if the problem has changed.
- If the problem does not recur, reconnect the removed devices one at a time until you find the failing FRU.
- If the problem remains, replace the following FRU one at a time. Do not replace a non-defective FRU:
- System board
- LCD assembly
Was this article helpful?