Internal Microphone Failure
If the internal Microphone fails, perform the following actions one at a time to correct the problem. Do not replace non-defective FRUs:
If internal or external Microphones do no operate correctly, perform the following actions one at a time to correct the problem.
- Check that the microphone is enabled. Navigate to Starts Control Panels Hardware and Sounds Sound and select the Recording tab.
- Right-click on the Recording tab and select Show Disabled Devices (clear by default).
- The microphone appears on the Recording tab.
- Right-click on the microphone and select Enable.
- Select the microphone then click Properties. Select the Levels tab.
- Increase the volume to the maximum setting and click OK.
- Test the microphone hardware:
- Select the microphone and click Configure.
- Select Set up microphone.
- Select the microphone type from the list and click Next.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to complete the test.
- If the Issue is still not resolved, see "Online Support Information" on page 165.
Was this article helpful?
Read how to maintain and repair any desktop and laptop computer. This Ebook has articles with photos and videos that show detailed step by step pc repair and maintenance procedures. There are many links to online videos that explain how you can build, maintain, speed up, clean, and repair your computer yourself. Put the money that you were going to pay the PC Tech in your own pocket.
Get My Free Ebook