The Euro Symbol
If your keyboard layout is set to United States-International or United Kingdom or if you have a keyboard with a European layout, you can type the Euro symbol on your keyboard.
NOTE: For US keyboard users: The keyboard layout is set when you first set up Windows. For the Euro symbol to work, the keyboard layout has to be set to United States-International.
To verify the keyboard type in Windows XP, follow the steps below:
- Click on Start, Control Panel.
- Double-click on Regional and Language Options.
- Click on the Language tab and click on Details.
- Verify that the keyboard layout used for "En English (United States)" is set to United States-International. If not, select and click on ADD; then select United States-International and click on OK.
- Click on OK.
To type the Euro symbol:
- Locate the Euro symbol on your keyboard.
- Open a text editor or word processor.
- Hold Alt Gr and press the Euro symbol.
NOTE: Some fonts and software do not support the Euro symbol. Please refer to www.microsoft.com/ typography/faq/faq 12.htm for more information.
Was this article helpful?