Check the Battery Pack
Battery Reconditioning 4 You
To check the battery pack, do the following: From Software:
- Check out the Power Management in control Panel
- In Power Meter, confirm that if the parameters shown in the screen for Current Power Source and Total Battery Power Remaining are correct.
- Repeat the steps 1 and 2, for both battery and adapter.
- This helps you identify first the problem is on recharging or discharging. From Hardware:
- Power off the computer.
- Remove the battery pack and measure the voltage between battery terminals 1(+) and 6(ground). See the following figure
- If the voltage is still less than 7.5 Vdc after recharging, replace the battery.
To check the battery charge operation, use a discharged battery pack or a battery pack that has less than 50% of the total power remaining when installed in the computer.
If the battery status indicator does not light up, remove the battery pack and let it return to room temperature. Re-install the battery pack.
If the charge indicator still does not light up, replace the battery pack. If the charge indicator still does not light up, replace the DC/DC charger board.
Was this article helpful?
You can now recondition your old batteries at home and bring them back to 100 percent of their working condition. This guide will enable you to revive All NiCd batteries regardless of brand and battery volt. It will give you the required information on how to re-energize and revive your NiCd batteries through the RVD process, charging method and charging guidelines.
Get My Free Ebook